Chase Iberia Visa Signature Card (Chase IB) Review
2018.3: A new Chase card is now released! Data points show that this card is NOT subject to 5/24 rule! Warning: these days Chase is cracking down people’s accounts hard on those who applied for too many credit cards recently.
- 50k/75k offer: Earn 50,000 bonus IB Avios after you spend $3,000 on purchases with the first 3 months of account opening. Plus earn an additional 25,000 bonus IB Avios after you spend $10,000 on purchases. That’s 75,000 bonus IB Avios in total.
- We value IB Avios mile at 1.6 cents (Airline Miles Value), so the 50k sign-up bonus is worth about $800. IB Avios and BA Avios can be transferred to each other at a 1:1 ratio (both accounts need to be at least 90 days old).
- Earn 3x miles on British Airways, Iberia, Aer Lingus, LEVEL, OpenSkies purchases. All other purchases earn 1 mile per dollar spent.
- Earn a discount voucher of $1,000 to use toward two tickets on the same flight for each year you make purchases of $30,000 on your card.
- Use your Iberia Visa Signature Card to book your flight on iberia.com/chase10, and you will receive a 10% discount.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- Annual fee $95, NOT waived first year.
Recommended Application Time
- This card is not affected by the 5/24 rule for now.
- This product is available to you if you do not have this card and have not received a new cardmember bonus for this card in the past 24 months. Note that what matters here is the time you got the sign-up bonus, not the time you open the account or close the account.
- Don’t apply for more than 2 Chase credit cards within 30 days, or it’s highly likely that you will get rejected.
- We recommend you to apply for this card after you have a credit history for more than a year.
The sign-up bonus on this card is quite decent. IB Avios and BA Avios can be transferred to each other at a 1:1 ratio, so it is a good card to earn Avios quickly together with Chase BA. Both mileage programs has its own advantage. The earning structure is not attractive at all, so if you are not flying IB frequently then it is not a good card to keep for long.
Related Credit Cards
- Chase British Airways (BA)
- Chase Iberia (IB) (this post)
Recommended Downgrade Options
- You can not downgrade this card to any card with no annual fee, so I suggest you close it when you don’t want to keep it any longer.
- Call 800-436-7927 to check Chase application status. This is an automated telephone line, and the information has the following meanings: Receive decision in 2 weeks means your application is probably approved; Receive decision in 7-10 days means your application is probably rejected; Receive decision in 30 days simply means your application requires further review and there’s nothing to tell you for now.
- Chase reconsideration backdoor number: 888-270-2127 or 888-609-7805. Call it if you didn’t get approve immediately. Your personal information will be acquired and they will then review it. You seldom answer questions, instead, just enjoy the music and then you get approved or rejected, or further information is needed to be hand in to the branch or faxed.
Historical Offers Chart
Note: The spending requirements after the first 50k are huge, so we don’t treat them as sign-up bonus, we treat them as spending bonus instead.