Chase Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card Review
2017.11 Update: Data points show that people are able to get matched to the 3 nights offer, even though the offer has no direct link alive. If you recently applied for this card, please try to send a secured message and ask for a match.
2017.3 Update: All 3 free nights links are dead, now there’s only the regular 2 free nights offer.
- Earn two Free Nights (FN) at Tier 1-4 after spending $4000 in 3 months from account opening. Since Ritz are all luxury hotels, you can easily save more than $600+ by redeeming these 2 FN certificates. The best offer is 140k Ritz-Carlton points which only appeared in a short time, and the second best offer is 3 FN.
- The Ritz-Carlton points are equivalent to Marriott points. We estimate that Marriott points are worth about 0.8 cents/point, please go to Chase Marriott for a brief introduction to Marriott points. When you are asked to input the Ritz-Carlton rewards number, you can put your Marriott rewards number there, because they are equivalent.
- Earn 5x points at Ritz and Marriott. Earn 2x points at dining, airlines and car rental. Earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- $300 air credit every calendar year. You can use it for lounge passes, seat upgrades, baggage fees, but not directly on tickets. Different from other similar cards with air credit, you have to contact a representative to get reimbursed for this card!
- If you use cash to pay a stay with 2 or more nights at Ritz-Carlton, you can also enjoy $100 hotel credit, which is available to use for breakfast, spa, and entertainment.
- This is a visa infinite card, and it has all the visa infinite benefits. One of the most important benefit is the “Discount Air Benefit”: Save $100 on air travel when you use this credit card to book a qualifying U.S. domestic round-trip coach airline itinerary for 2 to 5 travelers through the Visa Infinite Discount Air Benefit website.
- Complimentary Priority Pass Select card, which gives you free access to many airport lounges worldwide. You can bring guests with you.
- Complimentary Ritz-Carlton Gold status (which is equivalent to Marriott Gold status) for the first year. After that, spend $10k each year to get the Gold status renewed. Spend $75k to get complimentary Platinum status.
- Up to $100 credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre application fee.
- It is a metal card, and is really heavy: 28g, rank #1 in the most heavy credit cards list. It can even be used as a weapon if needed.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- Free to add authorized users. The $300 annual air credit is shared between cardholder and authorized users. The card for authorized user is also made by metal. Authorized users also have complimentary access to the lounge mentioned in 7, and free to bring guests. Authorized users can also use the Visa Infinite $100 discount benefit mentioned in 6!
- Annual fee: $450, not waived for the first year. Note that annual fee does not count towards the minimum spending requirement (and this is true for all credit cards)!
Recommended Application Time
- This card is not affected by the 5/24 rule for now.
- This product is available to you if you do not have this card and have not received a new cardmember bonus for this card in the past 24 months. Note that what matters here is the time you got the sign-up bonus, not the time you open the account or close the account.
- Don’t apply for more than 2 Chase credit cards within 30 days, it’s highly likely that you will get rejected.
- We recommend you to apply for this card after you have a credit history for more than a year.
The 2 FN offer at Ritz-Carlton is not bad, as Ritz-Carlton hotels are all luxury hotels. But obviously a point offer would be better if there is one. The $100 air discount benefit for Visa Infinite credit cards is a new and really nice feature. If you can make use of the $100 air discount, it will be really easy to set off the annual fee. Make sure you have a specific travel plan and there is indeed a Ritz-Carlton hotel in your destination before you apply for this card!
Related Credit Cards
Recommended Downgrade Options
- Call 800-436-7927 to check Chase application status. This is an automated telephone line, and the information has the following meanings: Receive decision in 2 weeks means your application is probably approved; Receive decision in 7-10 days means your application is probably rejected; Receive decision in 30 days simply means your application requires further review and there’s nothing to tell you for now.
- Chase reconsideration backdoor number: 888-270-2127 or 888-609-7805. Call it if you didn’t get approve immediately. Your personal information will be acquired and they will then review it. You seldom answer questions, instead, just enjoy the music and then you get approved or rejected, or further information is needed to be hand in to the branch or faxed.